Saturday, February 28, 2009

February 28, 2009-Six Months Old Today! ! !

Amaree is now six months old. I can't believe six months have passed. So much has happened. From a surprise premature delivery to a beautiful bouncing happy baby, we have lived a lifetime in those six months. Not only has so much happened, but I think that Andrew and I have grown so much. We have been to Hell and back together and we survived. Truth be told, it could have been a lot worse. We realize that as difficult as it has been for us, worse things could have happened, and we could be in a situation far more difficult to deal with than the one we are blessed to be in right now. Amaree has been doing great; she is strong, active, alert, happy, and just beautiful.


Amaree, sleeping peacefully on the floor.

Amaree still doesn't like to sleep during the day, but I have been working at being very consistent with her and putting her down for a nap at the same time every day. This particular day, she wasn't sleeping and she would wake every time I moved her so she took her nap on our floor while I ran around like crazy trying to get everything done. This particular nap lasted about 40 minutes. We take what we can get around here.



GAMES

Amaree and I play several games throughout the day. She loves to play games. One of the games is on the video. I repeat any sounds she makes. She really likes it and makes lots of sounds. I tried to capture it, but I think the camera distracted her. The funny sound is her breathing. She is noisy sometimes.

Another game she likes to play involves a toy, and I move it and she tracks it with her eyes. She is really good at this game and my arm usually tires before she does. One of the most active games she likes to play is kicking. I put my hands up and she kicks them. I then move my hands to a different spot and she has to reach and move to kick them. She thinks it is great fun.

Amaree is so good at telling us what she needs and wants, we are generally able to keep her happy. As you can see from the photo below, we are having problems with taking her picture because she moves so much and our little camera isn't setup for those fast action shots. She moves her little legs and arms at lighting speed, just look at those little blurs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gavin was on my lap, fussing, I started the video and he was captivated....kinda cool.

Joslin @ Just Batty said...

Too cute, it all goes by so fast! Keep up the good work, you both are great parents!

Lex-a-roo said...

Holly crow 6 months! she's sailing right along.