Saturday, February 14, 2009

February 14, 2009-100th Post!

Happy Valentines day! This is our 100th post! Amaree is 168 days or 24 weeks old today. Thanks for sticking with us.

Amaree in her Valentines clothes and blanket. "What are you doing, Dad? What is that?"
Amaree has been getting so big, and is doing great. On Thursday we had her weighed, and she now weighs an amazing 8 lbs, 8.5 oz. At 5 1/2 months, she is pretty small for her age, but she really has come a long way from where she started. I think she has a cousin who started life bigger than she is now.

A great Amaree smile. She is so happy in the bath.
Amaree still LOVES her baths. She loves to kick and splash in the water. She stays in until her fingers are prunes and I have changed the water twice. She will scream when she has to get out.

One of the amazing things about being with Amaree all day is that I learn so much from her. She does things that are just her, and she doesn't do things for attention or to be cute. She is sincere in her actions. For example, when she sneezes, she will often give a little sigh when she is done. It is really cute, but she is just doing it because it is what comes naturally to her. When she wants something, she really wants it, just for her, and once she gets it, she is really happy.

I still have a hard time getting Amaree to sleep during the day. She sleeps great at night, usually waking only when hungry then going right back to sleep. However, during the day, she will NOT sleep. She takes a few catnaps here and there, but no real naps. One day, I was working on a project, and so she was in her swing while I worked. She didn't sleep from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm. At 4:00, she was so ornery, and making a whining sounds and whimpering, and not calming for anything that I finally had to lay down with her to get her to sleep. That is one of the only ways I can get her to go to sleep. The other way to to strap her to me in her carrier. It is like she is afraid that she will either miss something, or that she will lose us so she won't sleep. Also, when I sleep with her, even if I am not touching her, and I attempt to get out of the bed, she will wake before I am down the hall. I don't know how she does it.

Amaree and Andrew watching the Jazz game. She loves to cuddle with Dad and watch the game.

5 comments:

Leticia.Mitchell said...

For sure the most love and affection that I've witnessed all day! the most precious family ever!

~Ginger~ said...

Jessica...She is so cute. I chuckle every time you post how much she is weighing. My monster baby is going to be 5 months on the 23rd. She is at 16lbs. 6oz. and she started out at 10lbs. 3oz. at birth. I can hardly imagine lifting such a light baby. I am happy to see that she is doing so great every time you post....and if you'd ever like to lug around a heavy baby stop by anytime....hahaha then you will see that you are blessed in a different way. ;)

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

WOW! Time Flies! She is growing like a weed! I'm looking forward to Paislee's birth! Love ya, Lewaina

Alexis said...

She is too cute!

AnnmarieOlava said...

I just love the picture of her in the bath. She looks so happy!!! I can't believe how big she is getting. She is just so adorable.