Sunday, June 21, 2009

June 21, 2009

I don't know how it happens that a month has past since I posted. *sigh* Everything is so crazy right now.

Amaree being silly with her pants on her head.

Well, first I will give a weight update. Amaree had her 9 month checkup and she is doing very well. She weighs an amazing 11 lbs, 11.5 oz. She is about 23" long. Can you believe that she is almost 10 months old?

Happy girl! Notice the wrinkled nose-it is part of the smile!

We have tried feeding Amaree some solids, and that has not gone very well. Amaree will eat some oatmeal and some bananas, but when we try and feed her anything else, she throws up, and throws up and throws up. We eventually called the pediatrician and asked, but they weren't very helpful, they said as long as she is having wet diapers she is okay. Um, that is not the problem! I called out to the NICU and they said that her tummy might not be ready for solids and so we are holding off a little on the solids for another month.
I have two teeth!
Also, I was cut back on my hours at work, and now I work two days a week, WITHOUT Amaree. This has been very difficult for everyone. Amaree won't take a bottle. She will clamp her mouth shut and turn her head. We were trying to get her to eat other solids, but she would just throw them up. The Andrew and Amaree bottle showdown is a show full of drama. Andrew actually brought her to me on Friday so I could feed her. Hopefully we can get her to eat more foods soon.

Sometimes I put Amaree on her back, and I will turn around and Amaree will be like this, looking at me.

Amaree is sitting up by herself. She will sit for quite a few seconds, sometimes even a minute before she falls over. She also is rolling and squirming herself around the room. I will put her down, and then I will look at her a few moments later and she is moved a long way from where I put her. I feel crawling is soon upon us!

Amaree is sitting up by herself!

Yesterday, Andrew and I were working in the yard. Andrew was working on the trimmer and it was really noisy. We look over, and Amaree has the seat cushion over her ears. She would move it when the trimmer was off, but when the trimmer would come on again she would cover her ears. She was doing it by her self, too. We thought it was really funny.

Loud noises, Mom!

Amaree is still a very happy and pleasant baby. She and I are great friends. She has been making these funny faces and I have been trying to get them on camera, but as soon as she sees the camera she starts smiling. I will have to keep trying to get some of those faces.

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands!

6 comments:

Audrey Nicole said...

SO CUTE! She is adorable!

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

I lovwe her little teeth! When babies get these first teeth it always reminds me of cabbage patch dolls! :-) She is doing so many things. Sorry about her not wanting her bottle....bad for whom ever tends her huh.....not to mention herself! ♥ Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

So luke used to bring Gav to me almost everyday while I was working. It worked and now he's better at taking a bottle. Good luck on that it was a tough battle for Luke and Gav.

Lex-a-roo said...

Wow she has come so far. Yeah I guess if she's vomiting she's not ready yet... little by little. The bottle thing is hard, but I am impressed that you did breast feeding I can really tell a difference in the babies that are breast fed and those that are bottle fed. (Not that bottles are bad) Even though it has been hard... I think it'll be worth it in the long run.
She looks like she's becoming a 'ham' with all the smiling for the camera...lol

The Anderson Fam said...

What a beautiful princess,

Mindi Davidson said...

She is beautiful!!! I have been looking at your blog here and there since she left the NICU. Everytime I do it makes me grin from ear to ear. She looks great and sounds like she is doing great! I am very happy for you guys! Take Care- Mindi D, Amaree's nurse from the NICU.