Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May 24, 2009

I can't believe it has been a month since I wrote last. So much has happened! I kept meaning to update, but the time has just gone by so quickly. Amaree has finally got her first and second teeth! The first one poked its little head through on a Sunday. I am actually sad about it. It means that she is getting so big! I actually like her little gummy smile, and she does this thing where she pushes her gums together and blows and she makes these little sounds that crack me up.

We put her down for bed and we found her chewing on her bed. I grabbed the video camera and this is her chewing on the bars.

The second tooth came through exactly one week later. She had an appointment for her shots and she now weighs an amazing 11 lbs and 2 oz. There were three babies blessed in our ward a few weeks ago and they were all bigger than she is. I am not sad about that, I am so proud of her. It is just funny that she is now 9 months old and she is still so small!

We did the March for Babies for the March of Dimes last weekend. We went to Logan and walked five miles. We made a poster for Amaree and all wore matching t-shirts, and we raised a little over $1000! It was really fun, the walk was beautiful and it was great to meet and talk to other families who have been through what we went through.

Amaree is such a wonderful baby, she is so happy and so friendly, and she is so good. I am still not quite used to her as part of our family, I mean it seems a little strange that we are now a family of three and she is our daughter and will be living with us for a VERY long time. I think it is like when you first get married and it takes a year or two before you are used to it. Maybe by the time she is a year or two old it will have sunk in.

4 comments:

Lex-a-roo said...

wow, you did super good on the march of dimes. That is so great. It's so neat that you guys did all that, the poster was so cute! Loved it. I can't believe how healthy she looks, I'm so excited. Next time I see her She'll be so much bigger... crazy to think about.

Pughs said...

I can't believe how big she is! I'm so glad that she is doing so well. I'm sorry I haven't made the effort to come see you guys. I found your blog through Kim and Brandon's blog. It's fun to be able to look back over the pictures and stuff. I hope all is well!

Jessica said...

I'm Glad the March went well! I can't belive how much she has grown just since your last post!

The Anderson Fam said...

Wow, she looks awesome. You guys have and are doing an incredible job and it shows. What a lucky little angel. She is cute a button.