Monday, April 13, 2009

April 13, 2009


Amaree had her shots last week and so we have a weight update. She now weighs a full 10 lbs and 8 oz. She is gaining very consistently, exactly one pound every 28 days.

When she got her shot she was so good! She felt the needle go in, you could see it on her face, but she didn't cry and then she felt the serum go in, and then she started to cry. She then cried for a few minutes, but then was back to her happy little self.

She has been getting very vocal and almost laughing. It is so fun to listen to her coo and talk. Often, when I put her down for her nap, I can hear her talking to herself until she drifts off. I caught the very tail end of her story before she stopped.


Andrew has been so busy with school and work, Amaree and I are both looking forward to the semester break so we can have him around. Of course the silly Jazz will probably be in the playoffs so it wont matter if he is home or not. *sigh*

I have been working hard on getting ready for the March for Babies. Everyday that it is nice, Amaree and I go for a walk with Kathy. We are up to 2 1/2 miles. We should be ready for that five mile walk. I put Amaree in a little bike trailer/stroller. It has a flap to protect her from the wind, and she is so small she doesn't fit in the strap and harness system, but since I am only pushing her, I put her on the bottom with a blanket and a rattle or two. She enjoys watching the scenery, until she falls asleep, but then as soon as we stop, she wakes up. I hope the weather is good for our March. I think it will be a great opportunity to raise awareness and gain support for those who have to go through what we have been through.

I am also trying to get a support group for NICU graduates. If you know someone out here who has had a preemie, please direct them to my blog or to me so we can support each other.

Amaree is so fun sometimes, and so much work other times. Some days she will play happily by herself, and then other times, like today, I can't put her down without hearing about it. Some days she just wants to be held. Just one of those days today, I guess. It is okay, because I am making up for days that I couldn't touch her at all.

2 comments:

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

Hopefully we will just get more and more of the "nicer" days! :-)
Babies do love to be outside huh!

Vanessa said...

Your little one is doing so well! The preemie/NICU experience is wonderful and horrifying all rolled into one. I had two preemie boys, now 9 and 5.