Monday, December 8, 2008

December 8, 2008

Tummy time! I like tummy time, I can lift my head, and turn it, and I can squirm around. I also am trying to push myself over-I really like my tummy time!


Amaree has been a really good girl! For the past couple of days, we have been able to turn her oxygen off for an hour or so each day! She is weaning her self off the oxygen. Good girl!

We also had another doctors appointment today, and Amaree weighs 6 lbs! Major milestone! We have also discovered the great way to give her the medicine. When she has a bottle, we slowly squeeze it in the side of the nipple so she is mostly getting her milk, but the medicine as well. She is a real champ!

Amaree is also becoming more vocal, and is making noises, still not cooing, but experimenting. She has a few games that she likes, and her favorite is when we are burping, and I rock her back and forth, and every time she comes forward I kiss her face. She doesn't laugh yet, but her eyes get big and she turns her head to each place I kiss so I think she likes it.

I read somewhere that people usually wish this time away, wishing that their baby were talking or crawling or something else. Not me-I have learned to appreciate each moment, and I love to just look at her and talk to her and cuddle her. Diapers aren't even that bad-at least their are diapers to change!

2 comments:

Lex-a-roo said...

What an excellent attitude you have about your little Amaree. I hear it's best to just enjoy each moment just like you are.

K*RO :) said...

I am so glad she is so close and I get to hold her so often!!! :) I love you guys and wish you all the season's best!!! :) LOVE!!! K*RO :)