All bundled up and ready to go!
Amaree got to meet her cousins Sydnee (7), Gavin (Born Oct 30), Aedan (2 1/2), and James (born July 8). She is by far the smallest (and in our biased opinion-the fairest) of them all. We were trying to keep the kids away from Amaree so they wouldn't get her sick, and everyone was healthy, but we are slightly paranoid. Mostly they got to look at her, but not touch, hold, or breathe near her.
I love this outfit and really wanted Amaree to wear it on Christmas, and she did, but it is huge on her!
"I don't get all this open present thing. There is just so much going on-I can't hardly take it all in! I am being held, so I am happy. Wait, I am hungry! "
We told Aedan that Amaree has and "ou-ee" and that is why she had the oxygen and the monitors-he was really funny about making sure that the "ou-ee" is okay. He would jump for the alarm, though. Mostly he is more interested in his cars than in Amaree, and that is okay.
Okay, we couldn't resist-This is Amaree's foot and James's foot. I wish we had thought to get one with Gavin, so we will have to do that next time.
I would like to share an experience that we had with James. James was blessed the Sunday before Amaree was born. Jake and Rachel had spent the month with my family, and every time I held James, Amaree would kick and move and I could tell she was really excited to have him near. The Johnson's left on Monday, and on Saturday I had Amaree. Well, James and Amaree were reunited again this week. Anyway, my Mom was holding Amaree and Rachel was holding James. All of the sudden, James saw Amaree and his eyes got huge, and he looked at Rachel and Mom and he stuck his hand out and tried to reach her. He acted like he was trying to talk and he kept looking at Rachel, Mom and Amaree with wide eyes and he was so happy. Every time we said Amaree's name he would look at her and try and reach her. Normally he is just flapping his arms everywhere, but with Amaree, he reaches out for her and tries to talk to her. You can tell they were great friends before and they are going to be great friends here.
In closing, I would like to share a discovery:
This is Andrew as a baby. Exhibit A.
This is me as a baby. Exhibit B.
This is also me as a baby. Exhibit C.
Okay so who does she look like now? ;) I think she has Andrew's features, but she looks like me!!! Please weigh in with your comments-We love to hear from you!
3 comments:
I love comparing your baby pictures. I'm so glad you guys have such a cutie. It's so neat she got to meet all her cousins. I'm glad you had a good Christmas, I pray things will continue. to be great for you all.
HUGS
I think that she looks like both of you and that is great but I think that she looks like her grandpa tony heaven forbid not really she looks angelic.
Love Grandpa Tony
Oh my isn't she too cute! I can't get over those big eyes of hers! I am so glad see and hear she is doing so well and enjoyed her first Christmas. I have to agree with she looks like a good combo of both you and Andrew. For her sake lets hope she looks like you, J/K!
Much love!
Post a Comment