Tuesday, November 11, 2008

November 11, 2008


Andrew gave Amaree a bottle today! We had an appointment with OT (Occupational Therapy-they also give us breastfeeding lessons) very early this morning. She did great with it. We have to have lessons because babies can sometimes get nipple confusion, and she sometimes chokes. She will also have to have a bottle for a while when we first come home because they have to give her extra vitamins and fortification. Also, breastfeeding is a lot of work and can sometimes burn more calories than they get. When she gets bigger this won't be a problem, but for her (preemie thing) it is.


She also shocked us tonight. I breastfed at 8:00, and we have to weigh her before and after to determine how much she is getting. If she doesn't get enough, then they have to top her off with the NG tube. If she gets close to the amount that she is supposed to have, then they leave her. Anyway, I fed her and then I weighed her and it said she got 60 ml! That is huge! Her normal feeding right now is 38. Big Girl!

2 comments:

Gayla said...

I am sooo happy for you guys! Keep up the hard work. We miss you and hope you can come home soon too...

Leticia.Mitchell said...

she is getting so much bigger! I miss you guys like a dog misses his tail!