Sunday, November 2, 2008

November 2, 2008


Amaree is doing much better. She looks great and is acting more like herself. We are working on breastfeeding again, and she is working her way back to being comfortable with it. She also got moved into a crib, rather than a cart. We are excited about the because this is the last transition before going home. She was also weaned to 1 liter on the high flow nasal cannula.

We have learned a little more about her eyes, and the problem is that the blood vessels around her eyes are not developing like they should. They can repair themselves, which we are praying that they will. If they don't correct themselves, they do a surgery which stops the growth of the vessels and hopefully the body will grow new ones correctly.

Last night I read Beauty and the Beast to Amaree. She was really cute, and started to wimper right as the Beast appeared. I comforted her and told her the story had a good ending, and then read her the rest of the story. I think she likes that story, even if it scared her a little.

No comments: