Monday, November 17, 2008

November 17, 2008

Amaree had to pass a car seat test, meaning she had to be able to stay in her carseat for the length of time that it takes us to get home and still be able to saturate. She did great in her test and on the way home.

Saturday was the day! We are finally home! It feels so great. It happened so fast, just like everything with her does.

Wednesday she had her eye exam and was authorized for going home. She just had to have two days of eating on request, and still gain weight and then we could go home. She did an awesome job. She was supposed to get around 42 mls at each ml, and the first time she had 60, and then she would usually eat around 70-80 mls.

Saturday came and Amaree had fulfilled all reequirements. We took her and ran! She is on oxygen. It is a pain, and she has an alarm that keeps us up all night, but she has been doing well. We are so grateful to be home.

Today we had an appointment with the peditrician, and that was an adventure. We have to take a tank on wheels, the baby, her car seat, and a monitor that has a pathetic battery. She did great with the doctor and has finally reached 5 lbs! If you would like to help us celebrate, we encourage you to go buy 5 lbs of anything you want, candy, cheese, butter, flour, or even sugar. Leave a comment on your purchase and we will have fun seeing all the different things that weigh the same as she does.

We have also been asked if we plan to keep this going, and we do. Also, we are restricting visitors so this is a great way to see her. We have come so far, and looking back over the posts shows us all the progress that we have had in the last eleven weeks.

We are so grateful to all of you for praying for her. I truely believe that we were able to come home so soon and having her do so well. We met many people there and we were truely blessed. Thank you all.

4 comments:

Lex-a-roo said...

Hurray! So excited! Congrats! Before Thanksgiving!

Michael, Collette, Cassie, and Romeo said...

Now the real adventure begins. What a blessing to finally have her at home. Give her lots of love, tons of hugs and kisses, because they grow so fast.... Soon she'll be 18 months old and not have time for those little moments. Congrats on getting her home!

Leticia.Mitchell said...

!! oh, my strawberry short cakes!!!!!! that is the best news I've heard all month! I'm so happy for you three! smiles won't be able to stop all month!!!! I love you guys tons, and hope to visit as soon as I can! YAY!!!!!!!!! I bought 4 vitamin waters! all purple (because that's all ready one of her favorite colors!!
Love Leticia

Caleb and Jenni said...

Yeah! You did it! I am so sad I didn't get to say good bye but good for Amaree! Good luck with everything and keep me posted on how Amaree is doing. I can't wait to see more photos! We'll miss you guys!

Love,
Jenni

PS my email is jseaman44@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you anytime and don't forget to stop by the unit someday...when you are ready of course!