Amaree is enjoying being home. We are settling in at home and trying to establish some sort of routine. We had a dinosaur for a oxygen monitor that was keeping us up all night with false alarms stating "LOW QUALITY SIGNAL" boy did we get sick of seeing those words. Luckily we were able to call and get a new monitor that is working much better and has yet to show those dreadful words "LOW QUALITY SIGNAL". The rep tried to tell us that it was the most accurate that they had. It also had a pathetic battery that didn't even survive the trip home from SLC, when they told us that it would last six + hours. It was big, and bulky, and the handle was broken. It would also say that Amaree's heart rate was really really low, even if she was crying. Also, the cord got tangled, and when Jessica unplugged it and tried to plug it back into the jack it it had broke and pushed the jack in so far we couldn't get it plugged back in. I had to unscrew it and try to get the plug back so that we had a monitor for the night. Thank heavens they brought a new one for us to use! The new one is really small, and the alarm is much less intense, and I think it is much more accurate. More portable.
Other than the alarm, we are just trying to get used to each other. Amaree really likes to be held. She was crying and so I picked her up and tried to cuddle with her. She calmed down and then smiled, knowing that she had figured out how to get held. We are trying not to hold her constantly, mostly so we can get something done, and also so she can get some better sleep.
This video I took the day after we got home. I think she was as happy as we were to be here. I hope to make this a happy home for her. She does have a great smile, doesn't she?
1 comment:
I love the video! She looks so cute! I'm so happy you are home. I pray that everything will continue to go well. How long does she have to stay on oxygen?
Post a Comment