Andrew looks so nervous holding her, but she was so happy to be in his arms.
Amaree's vocal cords are not paralyzed! This is such a relief and blessing because it could have made learning to eat that much more difficult.
Amaree is having another great day. She has been really stuffy and they have been talking about putting her under a head box, which is just a box with humidity in it to help break up the congestion. The congestion is from the constant air flow of the nasal cannula. Her oxygen is still in the low 30's. The nurses have been taking her out and holding her when she is awake so she can get used it, and they all tell me how beautiful she is, so I am hoping that I am not just biased.
Amaree has also gained some more weight, she is 1490 grams (3lbs, 4.5 oz) When she gets to 1800 grams (4 lbs) she can be put in an open crib. She is getting bigger all the time!
In celebration of her having normal vocal cords, I have a video of the first time that I really heard her cry. She was still on the C-PAP, but you can hear her just fine.
2 comments:
she really is such a pretty baby!!! :) I am so glad her vocal chords weren't damaged, and that she has a cute little cry! :) LOVE! K*RO :)
She is so beautiful!! You may have a fight on your hands when it comes time for her to go home (the nurses love her a lot too). Thanks for all the posts and pictures. We are so grateful she is improving so. Keep up the good work, but don't forget to take good care of yourselves too.
Love
Post a Comment