Thursday, October 2, 2008

October 2, 2008

I really like this picture, the only problem is that it looks like she has black eyes. They didn't look like that in person.

Amaree has gained another ounce! One more and she will have gained a whole pound, two more ounces and she will be three whole pounds!
She had another x-ray this morning, and it looks a little bit better than the last one, but they are still concerned about some lobes being collapsed. I didn't know that lobes could collapse, but I guess it is common in these little babies. She hasn't moved on her ventilator settings, but hopefully we can start moving them down soon.
They have waited to change her bed so that we could be there. Apparently it is a little bit of a process, but it means that we get to hold her! Hey, I will take what I can get when it comes to holding her.

I hear that Amaree looks like a normal size baby from the pictures. In this video, I try to take her Binky because I thought she had fallen asleep. You can see how small she is compared to my hand and how much she loves that Binky!

4 comments:

Lex-a-roo said...

I loved the video she is so cute!

Unknown said...

Sorry we missed your birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday momma!!Amaree is doing so good, she has a lot of developing to finish and as we all know- she has her own time table. We love the videos and pictures. Keep them coming, you guys are doing great!!

Jessica said...

The video is adorable! She is so tiny! It really shows just how small she is in comparison to your hand. You are a wonderful mom, and one day soon you will get to hold her for hours!

Anonymous said...

She look just like a normal baby sucking on her passy. Wish i could get Amelia to suck on her passy more, grandma Liddell is the only one who can get her to take it. Amaree may be tiny, but she sure is mighty and growing so much. Love you all.