Amaree is being extubated today! I am so excited! I am also a little leery because she failed last time. However, that was a month ago, and she had the PDA, her lungs weren't as big, she didn't have the steroids, she was smaller and just weaker. I really hope that this is the real deal and she is able to kick it. C-PAP here we come!
She has been doing great since they fixed the incubator. She started gaining some of the weight back and she has been moved up to 30 Cal on her feedings.
Kellie asked how big she is now. She was born at 1 lbs 15 oz and was 14 inches long. She is currently at 1320 grams or 2 lbs 14 oz. She is also 40 cm or 16 inches. JoEllen also asked when her due date was, and I forgot to answer, but it was December 1. Amaree is gestationaly 32 weeks. Her corrected gestational age is -2 months. The corrected gestational age is used to determine when she should be meeting milestones, when she is 6 months old, she will be 3 months CGA, and that is what they will use to determine her developmental progress.
In honor of today's events, I am uploading a video of me holding Amaree when they changed her bed. I know it is kinda noisy, but the ventilator is noisy. If you watch, you can see Amaree sneeze. You can also see them move the Giraffe around.
2 comments:
her little sneeze was so cute!!!!!! She is doing SO much better! I love you guys! can't wait to see you all home!
Wow! that is SOOO cool. I'm so happy. I'm sure she'll do tons better. That video was so cool. Jessica looks so pretty and the sneeze is so cute.
Post a Comment