Sunday, October 5, 2008

October 5, 2008

Amaree is down another two whole points on her settings!  This has been really encouraging for us.  We almost feel this is too good to be true.  She is getting so big and strong.  They really hope to get her off the ventilator soon.  I found out something encouraging also.  I thought we were going to have to be on the C-PAP for a really long time.  However, they said that one to two weeks is a really long time for a baby to be on the C-PAP.  I had thought that Amaree would be on the C-PAP for weeks and weeks, but it sounds like they are really pretty good at getting off the C-PAP.  They say that it irritates them and they get off of it.  

Amaree is so strong, she can lift her head!  We have seen her do it a couple of times.  When she gets too much secretions in her tube she gets upset and we have seen her lift her head up off her bed and hold it up for a few seconds.  It is a good thing she is going to get off the vent soon because when she gets a little bit bigger and stronger she can extibate herself.

OH I learned something of mine that she has! ! !  Finally!  Okay, so Amaree has a Mitchell stomach.  She gets so ornery whenever her tummy gets empty.  She feels much better once she has eaten.  If she had an Andrew stomach, she could go for hours and hours without food and not even notice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like things are improving each and every day. This is the first I have had a chance to check. The pics are amazing, and you will love having those down the road, as will Amaree. Andrew, she is beautiful, so don't corrupt her with your humor. Take care all three of you!
Darla