Sunday, October 19, 2008

October 19, 2008

Amaree is usually up farther under the headbox, here she had worked her way down. She is really squirmy when she sleeps. I am going to get a video of it, it is really fun to watch.
Amaree is now only under the headbox at night. She wasn't very happy to be put back on the nasal cannula. She really liked not having anything in her nose.

She weighs 1620 grams, or 3 lbs, 9 oz. She looks SO big to us.



The breastfeeding is going fairly well. it goes the best when she is awake. when she isn't, it is a lot harder!

She has had a few more A&B's. They have all been very minor and they assure us that she will grow out of them. She has had one while each of us were holding her, and it is nerve-wracking to be holding her and then for her to stop breathing and watching the machines go wild with alarms and see the numbers take a nose dive. She usually comes right back up, but if we were hooked up to machines as well, I am sure that alarms would be going off on us too.


Her eyelashes are getting so long! She is also a little bit of a mouth-breather with that cannula in-it makes her a little stuffy.

1 comment:

Caleb and Jenni said...

Hooray! This is the first chance I've had to check your blog since we left and I cannot believe how far Amaree has come! A cannula! wohoo! I am so happy for you. She looks absolutely beautiful and I love that you are both doing skin to skin. How exciting! Thanks for the updates! Yea!