Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Amaree's foot is so small compared with Andrew's hand.
Amaree is doing very well today. She has had a few feedings today and is doing well with them. She had one of her IV's removed (Yeah!) and she is off of her blood pressure medication. The nurse told me that she has been awake a few times, but has been resting fairly well. Hopefully within the next few days she will be onto full feedings where she gets everything from the breast milk. Right now, she has still had to have the glucose/protien/vitamin mix in her IV because she isn't all the way up to full feedings on the milk, but she should be able to get the full amount in the next few days, we hope. We are also hoping that she will be moved to the next room soon. It is quieter, and we won't get kicked out whenever there is a new admission! She has been in the admit room since she arrived, and so we would really like to see her moved to a calmer room. It also means that she is stable enough to be moved. I will let you know when that happens!

1 comment:

Adopted Aunt JoEllen said...

She is so adorable! I can't wait to be a Grandma someday!!! (I guess we'd better finish and enjoy the high school and mission season first.)

The life of a child is so precious; as I see Amoree fighting for her chance to live on earth, and know of the love and prays in her behalf, I'm amazed that so many in our world have such little regard for the sacredness of life. You guys are incredible!