Thursday, September 4, 2008

September 4, 2008

Things are pretty much the same this evening. They gave the second dose of the med to close the hole in the heart. I got to hold her tonight! Andrew and I were there for care and we were able to change her bed sheets and I got to hold her up while they took the old sheets and replaced them with the new ones. It was the highlight of my day, I was so elated to be able to hold her for even a few minutes.

The other highlight of my day is that the nurses took hand and foot prints for us. They are so precious. I will see if I can get them scanned and posted next week.

We have also been looking at who she looks like. She has Andrew's ears for sure, and his lips. We aren't sure about the eyes and nose, but the fingers are SO long! We don't know where she got those, we both have short fat fingers. Her thumb is probably as long as her other fingers. Her toes are shaped like mine, but she has Andrew's toe nails!

For the next 18 hours, please pray that the med works to close that hole in her heart! Thank you!

1 comment:

K*RO :) said...

Everyone here at Ubet has been telling me to pass along their thoughts. That you are all in our thoughts and prayers. :) We love our Little One and Pray for her constantly! I'm glad you got to finally hold her!! That's SOOO Exciting! We KNEW she has Andrew's Mouth! That's just Awesome!!!
LOVE!!!! K*RO :)