Friday, September 26, 2008

September 26, 2008

She is still handling her feedings very well. The infection that she has responded to a certain antibiotic so they switched her medicine to it. She also has stayed about the same on the ventilator today.

When we got here last night we made it in time for evening cares. I put some milk on her pacifier and gave it to her when they fed her and she really liked it. She sucked on it fairly well considering the tubes in her mouth. Hopefully when they come out she will be able to learn to feed fairly easily.

This morning she was on her tummy and had her eyes open. She was doing this funny bouncing thing where she was pushing up with her feet and then moving back down. It was really funny to watch.

They do Halloween pictures here where they put the babies in little costumes and take pictures. Amaree has to be off the ventilator for that to happen, so we are hoping that she is off the ventilator and the CPAP by the time Halloween rolls around.

1 comment:

Caleb and Jenni said...

Hey! I haven't seen you guys in forever and it broke my heart to hear about the infection. What a bummer! But it sounds like they have it under control and she is doing well. I don't know if I told you but this is Jenni the nurse from the hospital. The pictures you have taken are adorable. I am thinking about you guys and I hope Amaree gets feeling better soon. Let me know if you guys need anything!