Friday, September 5, 2008

September 5, 2008

So it doesn't appear that the hole in her heart has closed, we will know for sure in a few hours, but the preliminary diagnosis is that she still has it. Her NP told us that if it is lessened then we might sit on it as long as th heart hasn't been strained. Right now we just have to wait, but if we have to do surgery, it will be in the next 24 hours. The sooner we can get that taken care of the better. Also, when we got here, her other IVs were not working so they put one in her head. It looks really scary. They told us it is really common and that it is just like one in her hand, but she doesn't move her head as much and it is a big vein. It was alarming to us, but it is okay. We are just waiting right now for results of the images of her heart.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Hey little one, this is Grandma, I love you and am praying for you. You are a very special spirit and have very special parents. I love you all. Amaree we know that you have a strong spirit, you have proven that to us, keep fighting and getting stronger I love you and can't wait to hug you and play with you. Love forever, Grandma

Lex-a-roo said...

IVs in the head are common but I understand why it would be so scary. We are all still praying, and I check here everyday to see how things are going.
Love you all.

Cedar Ridge Academy said...

Stay strong. We're still praying for you.

Unknown said...

We just found out about your blog. It is so neat to be updated without pestering you. Want you all to know we are praying mightily and love you so much. Stay strong, I know everyone will be fine. Heavenly Father has a way of testing the strong so he can pour out His blessings. We love you, Dad and Patty

Shirley S Page said...

My sister had iv's in her head because all her other veins were constantly colapsing. I took about a month for her hair to grow back. The heart situation is scary, but Amaree is such a fighter, she will pull through on top, no matter what. Shirley