This morning Amaree has been agitated still. They are trying to wean her off of her sedation medication, and she is struggling with all the stimulation. Containment is when you put your hands on a baby and give gentle pressure. You don't push too hard, but you try to make the baby feel as if it is in the womb and contained. You try to comfort the baby by holding its arms and legs so they don't fly around. It is all very gentle. Babies that are like Amaree struggle with patting, stroking, and rubbing. It is better to keep them calm. Our nurse showed us some really great ways to calm and help Amaree today. She responded really well, so we feel like we are doing something for her.
Her lung x-ray came back really good today, so the fluid in her lungs is mostly gone. She is also up on her feedings-again! She is also down quite a bit on the ventilator, and her oxygen is in the 20s. She is moving in the right direction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am starting to think she will be close to healthy enough to go home by the time Gavin is born..She is doing so well. I still stand by my original thought, she is such an inspiration. She is so strong and determined. You guys did well. :)
I like that you shared so much cool information with us. I love reading the updates... and I really think things are moving in the right direction.
Love ya.
Post a Comment