Thursday, September 4, 2008

September 4, 2008

Okay, so a few setbacks today. We are still optimistic, but there are a few things that have happened. The most pressing is that the hole in her heart isn't closed. They started a second round of meds to get it to close. We were also hoping that she would be coming off of the ventilator soon, but she isn't quite ready so we are going to wait for her to be ready. She is back under the lights again, and under the sunglasses, but that is to be expected because her body can't break down something that heals the bruising and that is what the lights do. I hope this is a better picture, the monitor that we are using makes it very difficult to see.

Also, sorry about the lack of medical terminology. I just kinda know what they are talking about, but I don't always know the exact terms. On an positive note, she is losing the swelling that was making her very puffy. We didn't want her to pee it off because it would mean that the hole was closing, but since she is peeing it off it is good because it was going to have to come of sometime. Love you all- thanks for checking!

1 comment:

Gayla said...

AAAHHH!! She is sooo cute! I am happy you are keep us posted and updated with new pictures. Its a little easier knowing how everyone is doing with out having to call and interrupt you every day. I no I wouldn't want to be answering the phone every 2 seconds, which I'm sure you would be doing. You both have a lot of supporters that like to know how everyone is doing and this is a great way to keep us all informed. Thank you and keep up the good work, I'm sure its hard but I know you two can do it.