Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September 24, 2008

When Amaree is comfortable and relaxed, she puts her hands up by her face. We see her in this position quite frequently. The tube that you see coming down and covering her face is the tube for feeding. it goes straight down into her tummy. You can also see the gel pack in front of her body. Sometimes this is under her, and sometimes it is like you see here, and they wrap her arms around it. It gives support and also it is warm and is supposed to help her feel comforted.

I spoke with Galina (her NNP) this morning about her. She doesn't have the infection in her spinal fluid (hooray), and she isn't showing any signs of being sick. The infection is showing up in a test, but Amaree is still eating, (now up to 24) and resting and has opened her eyes and was looking around when Galina looked in on her. They are still just going to give her seven days on antibiotics as a general rule. Hopefully we get this thing beat before Amaree even knows she is sick. They are still running some more tests to determine where and and what kind of an infection she has. If the infection isn't causing the fluid in the lungs, but is just in her blood, they will have to give another medicine and probably some steroids to help get the fluid out of her lungs. I hope I am conveying all this information correctly-sometimes I get overwhelmed and a little confused about everything!
We would also like to thank everyone for their comments-it is so much fun to hear from you and we are so grateful that you care enough to check this. We love you all and really do appreciate the prayers and thoughts. We sincerely thank you.

4 comments:

Savannah said...

Andrew - Jessica,
I just heard about Amaree and her blogsite. She is so precious. I pray that everything is okay and hopefully before you know it she will be able to come home.

Savannah

Unknown said...

Oh, we thank you so much for sharing. I think you are doing a wonderful job on keeping everyone informed and the details are really comforting--we know what specifics to pray for. We check your blog daily at least twice. Please keep it coming. We love you and continue praying daily.

Anonymous said...

Hi there.
So glad she is doing well. And yes, you are doing a fine job of understanding and relaying information. You guys are doing a terrific job.
Also to let you know, most of the girls in the group check on Amaree's progress daily. For being a chat group they don't chat much but they do ask me about every time I talk to someone how she is doing. You and your family are on everyone's minds and we are all praying for the very best outcome.
Please take care of you. Eat well and travel safe. If you need anything, give me a call.

Kellie said...

I am glad things just keep progressing. It is good to be able to watch her progress and see the adorable pictures. Let us know if you need anything. Our prayers are with you.