Tuesday, September 9, 2008
September 9, 2008
So last night there was a complete break down of communication. Last night they told us that she has an infection, that the hole in her heart is huge, that her heart is strained and that the machine was doing all of the breathing. This morning, when I talked to Amaree's regular NP, Galina, things are fine. She heard about what they had told us and she was frustrated as well. We are NOT going to do the surgery yet, things are the same as they were two days ago. She does not have an infection, her heart is not enlarged, her hole is not gaping. Yes, she did have to go clear up on her oxygen support, but her lungs also collapsed when they took her off the ventilator, and Galina thinks that this is just part of the damage, and her lungs are struggling from what happened. This morning, Amaree is back down to normal levels on her oxygen. Andrew and I both really frustrated. This is SO hard as it is, let alone misinformation, scaring us half to death and us not being there. We had called to get the results of the scan, and we were not given the correct information. I don't know what happened, but we are going to make sure that this does not happen again. We are really frustrated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry about the bad time you have been given and sorry to say that I know from working in the medical field that information is given out erroneously. What I would tell patients is that you do have the right to be mad, don't let your concerns go un-noticed. What may seem like being mean to you may be a huge learning moment for someone else and hopefully that person will learn from their mistake and never do it again, saving someone else from the pain that you had to experience. You are all Amaree has right now and she can't speak for herself so you have to. Please do question the medical people (they don't like it, but oh well). I feel your frustration and hope that you don't have to be put through that again. Stay strong! I am praying for all of you...
Sorry about the bad time you have been given and sorry to say that I know from working in the medical field that information is given out erroneously. What I would tell patients is that you do have the right to be mad, don't let your concerns go un-noticed. What may seem like being mean to you may be a huge learning moment for someone else and hopefully that person will learn from their mistake and never do it again, saving someone else from the pain that you had to experience. You are all Amaree has right now and she can't speak for herself so you have to. Please do question the medical people (they don't like it, but oh well). I feel your frustration and hope that you don't have to be put through that again. Stay strong! I am praying for all of you...
Post a Comment