

On August 30, 2008 my mom was having some cramps and was concerned so she called her midwife to ask what was going on Donna said that mom needed to time the cramp and it turns out they were not cramps that were contractions (silly mom). Mom called Dad and told him to pick up some things and get home. Dad picked up the stuff and rushed home from vernal about 80 mph. Wheh he got home he found mom laying on the bed in a lot of pain. He ask mom what was going on she said to call Donna. Dad called Donna and she said take mom to the vernal hospital dad got off the phone and told mom that we were going to vernal and that she needed to get dressed. When dad was helping mom get dressed mom began to bleeding. Dad called Donna back and told her that we would not make it to vernal and that we are going to Roosevelt. Mom called Uncle Scott and Cousin Alexus and told them that we needed help they rushed to our house and got in the car with mom, dad and me. Dad drove faster than he had ever driven--he reached speeds of 130 mph down Ioka lane. Uncle Scott called ahead to tell the hospital to have them ready to take mom back so we did not lose anytime (because I was in almost as big of hurry as dad was down the ioka highway to get here).
We arrived at the hospital and they called the doctor. when the doctor checked mom, she was at a six. They wanted an ultrasound to see where I was, and they did it as soon as they could. I was in position, and when the ultrasound was over, the doctor checked mom again. This time she was at an eight. They were telling mom not to push because they were not ready for me to come. They were lifting mom and trying to get her in position when the doctor said that she was at a nine and then the next thing anybody knew is that I was here. I arrived in my sac and the doctor had to break it open. Then they had to make sure I was breathing. I cried a little on my own before they took me to the nursery. The doctors worked on getting an IV started in my imilical cord while life-flight came. They also helped me breathe by pumping and putting a tube down me. When life-flight arrived, they took several more hours to get me completely stableized before my first airplane ride. Once I was ready, they let mom come in and see me. Dad and Uncle JD gave me a blessing and then we were off to SLC. I rode in an ambulance to the Roosevelt Airport, where I got on a fixed wing jet. Dad got to wear his own little headset and he thought that was really cool. The flight was really short and really rough becuase of the storm. We landed at SLC airport in the priviate air section where there was an ambulance that took us up to the U of U.
No comments:
Post a Comment