This afternoon things are going well again. They have started her on caffeine to help her respiratory system. We would take it to do get stimulated, and they gave it to her for stimulation. Her 4:00 pm diaper change was pretty dry, so that is a really good sign that maybe the medication will work (she needed to not pee so much because that is a sign that the medication for the hole in her heart is working).
They are taking her of the ventilator tomorrow if things continue to go well. They asked us to be in a study to see how she does on her next breathing system. What that means is that they are putting her on what is basically a C-PAP with an extra puff of air. They will study how she does so they know how well/long it takes her to be on her own. It is just so they have the information. They were going to take her off the ventilator anyway and this way they can study the data to help kids in the future. We feel good about it, but it sounds a little scary to be asked if you want to participate in a "study".
We are going to try to get some better pictures, not that what is up isn't good, but that she LOOKS so much better, but the computer we are using isn't set up for that yet. We will see what we can do. We are both really tired, but appreciate the comments and support. Thank you!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yee!!! So good to hear that it was another good day! Just wondering how long until she can have things like little blankets and things??? I am glad she looks better, too. :) I know she wasn't as red when I saw her, and that's good, too! LOVE!!!! :) K*RO
Keep it up guys. We're all thinking of you.
Sean, Christine, and everyone at Cedar Ridge
I am glad to hear that your little one is doing better. Thankyou so much for keeping us updated. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you each day.
Oberhansley family
Thanks for the update. I wouldn't worry too much about the study. I know it sounds scary but it sounds like a benign method. And at least you know that you can withdraw if things aren't going well. But I have a good feeling about it too.
Love you guys!
Post a Comment