Well, we know why Amaree is struggling moving down on the ventilator. She has stayed about the same, or when ever they move it down, she has been going back up. Amaree has fluid in her lungs. They ran some tests to find out why she has the fluid, and she now has an infection. It is for real this time. They have started her on antibiotics but they are running some tests to find out what kind it is and where the infection is, if it is in more than just her lungs as a pneumonia. She won't be coming off the ventilator for a while. She needs to have strong lungs and at this point she has to get over this before that can happen. The good news is that she is still eating and handling her feedings of breast milk. They did have to put another IV in to give her the medicine that she needs. Another bump/hill/mountain to cross.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
AAhhh! This is my favorite picture, she looks like a cute little bug all cuddled up in a ball. Thanks for sharing! I get to talk to Andrew often and tell him thanks but I want you - Jessica to know how much I appreciate you doing this. I will keep praying for you and your little family :)
AAAhhhh! This is my favorite picture. She is all cuddled up like a cute little bug. I get to tell Andrew thanks often at work, but I dont get to tell you - Jessica. So, thanks for doing this and sharing your beautiful baby girl with us! I will keep praying for you and your little family!
Post a Comment